Friday, July 11, 2008

Hellboy II, another midnight movie


Hellboy II is definitely worth going out to see IF you were a fan of the first one. I really enjoyed it. Although I didn't dig the newer look that a lot of the characters had, especially Hellboy. It wasn't THAT different, but I sure could tell. 
The movie was jam packed full of fights, which made it very "edge of your seat" ish. I loved the look of a lot of the monsters in this one, they were done by the same people/person who designed for Pan's Labyrinth, VERY cool style. One thing I didn't like that much was the newfound "Men In Black" feel. The organization seemed a lot bigger than it was in the last movie. But there were very few things I absolutely didn't like. Just about every little thing could be justified. 

People have been telling me, "Don't hype the movies that much. You'll only be let down." In this case, it was about as good as I thought it would be... maybe a little less... But I REALLY can't wait for The Dark Knight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment