Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wall•E is a Must•C


Well I must say, Pixar has done it again. 
Wall•E now ranks among the top of my Pixar list, next to Toy Story 1 and The Incredibles. I thought that this movie was better than Incredibles for many reasons but not quite as AWESOME. Awesome in the sense that I'm a huge super hero fan. Pixar has a trend going where they usually make a movie that is better than their previous one, and to me, this was FAR better than Ratatouille, but that could be the sci-fi fan in me. I wasn't surprised when I found myself waiting through the credits for just a few seconds more of the little robot. 
Wall•E is actually almost completely a love story. It was very strong in the sense that the main characters said very little, if anything at all, in English. One hundred percent of the emotion shown was with various robot noises and actions alone. It was very different, an almost upsetting, that Pixar decided to use actual video clips of old movies and human acting, but in the end you understand why they chose to do that. 

I don't usually agree with the paper's rating of movies but I must agree with this one. 
4 out of 4 stars. 

2 comments:

  1. love story? zzzzzzzzz

    you just knocked my interest in seeing it way down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. It was good... trust me. It was probably the strongest story pixar has had in a while. one of the better movies. but yes... just about every pixar movie has some sort of love interest.

    ReplyDelete