Tuesday, January 26, 2010

a TWOfer

Today I went and saw two movies back to back. The first, "The Princess and the Frog".

I ended up liking this one a great deal more than I thought I would. I mean, I was expecting greatness and got perfection. Another perfect Disney feature film. I'm glad Disney finally gave in and went back to what they're good at. They really need to leave the 3D to Pixar. "The Princess and the Frog" fits right in with any full length feature film that Disney turned out Within the past 10 years or so... anything that wasn't "Home on the Range", that one wasn't too good.

"The Princess and the Frog" started at noon and was an hour and 35 minutes long. At 1:40pm, "The Book of Eli" started, so I figured I'd see if I could catch that one... and I did.



This movie was actually better than I was expecting. That's probably because I wasn't expecting too much, having only seen the trailer once or twice. I didn't think it was TOO preachy, and for the life of me I can't remember the last movie I saw that WAS too preachy, aside from documentaries. "The Book of Eli" didn't have quite as much action as I was expecting but they did a great job with what they had. The style and feel of this movie is similar to "Terminator: Salvation" or "The Road", following the whole post-apocalyptic theme... which actually wasn't covered as much as I would have liked.

Anyway, still worth seeing... Both of them that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment