Sunday, January 17, 2010

Califronia!

Today we hopped 2 planes, and set foot in three states to get to California (I'm including MN and CA). But we made it safe and sound.

The first plane ride was good, 3.5 or so hours. My dad at the window, my mom in the middle and me in the aisle. Pretty roomy as well. My only real beef was that this lady with WAY too much perfume, that I actually pointed out in the airport, sat RIGHT in front of me and draped her smelly coat right over her seat (the one with MY tray table on it).

Now, before you think it's not THAT bad, you have to realize that yesterday I was basically knocked on my ass by this crazy cold I had. Runny nose, teary eyes... I literally had to have tissue shoved up my nose to get any relief. For those of you who saw me at Chevis and Dan's house yesterday... YOU know... it was bad.

So I was just getting over that today, felling pretty good, and this smelly lady drops down in front of me. I was afraid it was all going to come back. Luckily my nose and eyes didn't get hit too hard from it. Although I did switch to the middle seat when my mom went to the bathroom.

Here's a shot I took while on the plane.
I don't know what it is but I just love taking pictures of the view with the wing in it. It really says it all. the first flight's view wasn't NEARLY as nice as the second flight. The geological features of these places is amazing compared to flat ol' Minnesota.

...

THIS JUST IN.
Earlier today my oh so cool cousin Chevis text me that they were eating next to JARED ALLEN the Minnesota Vikings ALL STAR Defensive Player!!!!
They got a picture with him and he even said Happy birthday to Daniel, who's birthday is on the 19th.

She sent me the picture and gave me permission to to post it, so here it is!
The best part is that she's wearing her Vikings Gear.
GO CHEVIS!
GO DANIEL!
GO JARED ALLEN!
and GO VIKINGS! (with a win over the Cowboys 34 to 3... not really a win, more of a SLAUGHTERING!)

anyway, off to dinner. More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment