Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rain

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain... Today was just pretty much... well...

This was the day that my mom had to work. The only day here that she had to work. So my dad and I were/art pretty much on our own all day/night. We started off with a WET walk to China Town, stopped at Posh Bagel for a coffee and white hot chocolate which was pretty good. Why we went to China Town for breakfast I don't know but I'm glad we did since we found a little hole in the wall place called Uncle Restaurant. Ham Omlet, hashbrowns, roll, orange juice... $4.95 and the best breakfast I've had this trip.

We spent the next few hours looking for the right kind of dried plums that weren't too salty or too sweet... never found them (and never will, in my opinion).

After not finding anything we ate at Capital Restaurant again.... I should have ordered the Mu Shu Pork again but I strayed from my gut and went with the Sesame Chicken. Not quite what I was expecting and I didn't eat much of it. Ended up taking it back on the way to the hotel and a guy held out a cup, asked, "can you help me out man?" So I replied with, "well I have some left over Chinese food." He said, "That'll do! Thanks Partner!" And all this time it was still raining.

After all of this we went back to the room and ended up down at the hot tub. Not a HORRIBLE day, but it would have been better if we weren't getting rained on all day.

Tomorrow I plan on going to the Cartoon Art Museum... Either that or the King Tut exhibit, maybe both, but probably just the cartoon thing.

almost forgot... I bought these...
On the left, a book all about the Monkey king... not a word of English in it.
On the right, a cheap ass shirt that I had to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment