Friday, December 18, 2009

Avatar


When I first heard about Avatar I was not impressed. Humans going to some far off planet to get resources and were being interrupted by blue aliens... Not the best seller in my opinion.

But after seeing the movie at a midnight showing AND in 3D, I must say I was wrong. The movie was overwhelming. The most overwhelming part was probably that the entire thing was a good two and a half hours of eye candy. The story was pretty predictable but what movie isn't these days?

Zoe Saldana played her part in this movie WONDERFULLY. She plays the lead female character and is completely CG. Her character is the one that really gets you feeling emotionally invested in. Everyone else in the movie was probably as good as can be expected but Zoe was fantastic.

I would definitely say that Avatar is worth seeing. And, in my opinion, it should be seen in 3D while you still can, because until we get 3D TV's in our homes, this is probably as good as it gets.

It probably is one of my favorite movies of 2009... But that isn't saying much since I generally LOVE everything that I put the effort into going out and seeing.

James Cameron makes a movie once a decade, and every one of his movies is an instant classic... This falls into that category.

No comments:

Post a Comment