Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Operation FENCE

we started with a fence...

Transformed into a gate...

and now... 

a path...

Today Gretchen, Jessica and I RETURNED to the fence site and decided that dirt isn't good enough. We (Gretchen and I) got out to Home Depot at 9am and purchased a sh*t ton of "patio pavers", class 5 sand, regular sand and rented a truck to get it all back to my grandmas were the fence was turned into a gate over night. 

A WHOLE FRICKEN DAY later, along with a couple trips back to the store and changing the pattern about seven times, we had our path. We ended up using one of my pattern ideas, ultimately because I am the one using the fence/gate/path the most and I have to see it and live with it... plus it was the overall favorite of everyone. It's really quite impressive... MOST impressive in fact... Especially for me since I have NO background of this kind. Gretchen pretty much knew what she was doing and Jessica was there helping every step of the way. 

I'm actually pretty proud of myself for following through with this plan that started with a wire cutter and a saw to the fence. 

+1 Gretchen
+1 Jessica
and 
+1 Grandma (for supervising and taking us out to lunch... I got her back tho by taking her, Jessica and Gretchen out to dinner)...

+1 Red Lobster

No comments:

Post a Comment