Saturday, April 11, 2009

anything new...

Quite a few things have been going on since my last post, where should I start?...

My grandma, cousin Jessica, cousin Denny and her boyfriend John all went to play bingo with me last monday night. No bingos be we come close just about every round. 

Thursday night Michael, Dan and I went out to my grandparents house to trap shoot. Fun stuff. When we got out there we found out that my cousin kyle was already shooting with my grandpa, so we leisurely joined in. After that, the three of us headed to Potbelly in Maple grove for some meatball sandwiches. WOW they were good...

Yesterday, Friday, I hung out at my aunt and uncle's house (Janice and Tom) and I painted easter eggs with Chevis, Dan and Daniel. Had a blast. Later that night we met back there and went out to a new Sushi joint we heard of called Zake (zakemn.com). They have an all-you-can-eat sushi deal for $25 so we had to try it out, and I must say, it will be a while before I go back to Ichiban's. This place had what seemed like a WAY better deal. Ichiban has an all-you-can-eat sushi bar for $30 but you can only be there for an hour. It's cool having the little boats float around and stuff but it still gets a bit old. Zake had unlimited appetizers, sushi, and rolls. Here's an example of some of the items they had: 
Appetizers: 
 - pot stickers
 - shrimp tempura 
 - fried calamari
 - fried spring rolls
Sushi: 
 - salmon
 - tuna
 - peppered tuna
 - red snapper
 - eel
 - octopus
 - yellow tail (I think)
 - shrimp
Rolls: 
 - shrimp crunch roll (favorite)
 - california roll
 - shrimp avocado roll
 - zake special roll (other favorite)
 - spicy tuna roll
 - spicy salmon roll (I think)

And those were only the things that we ordered. There were more than I could remember. We all left feeling like we were going to explode. It was awesome. Definitely a MUST GO for sushi lovers. I hear Zake gets a TON of business during their lunch happy hour specials. Check em' out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment