Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2009 Microcon

Went to the Microcon last sunday at the stat fair grounds with my cousin Jessica. Was just like any other Con, people dressed up, comic and toy venders everywhere. 


This is a Picture of Jessica with Jengo Fett and a clone trooper. There were all sorts of super heroes there but these were, in my opinion, the best outfits in terms of quality and realism. 

I did end up buying a few comics and a bunch of toys as well. 

A decent contribution to my already started "Boba Fett Shelf". 

I also found an artist who's blog I've been following. His name is Grant Gould and he draws for the Star Wars the Clone Wars online comic. I asked if he would do a character sketch for me but instead of doing it on paper I gave him a Mini Munny to doodle on. He said he'd rather doodle on it after the con and send it to me. So I emailed him and am waiting for a reply. 

Other than that, not too much going on really. I read Superman: Red Son, a comic that I picked up for dan at the con. Kind of a Superman in Russia scenario, with a Russian Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman. Pretty awesome. 


If you're a fan of Superman, check it out... but if you're a fan of Batman, like me, you REALLY HAVE TO READ IT...  yay batman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment