Monday, April 20, 2009

Fence Erected!

Got down and dirty yesterday morning and finished the gate in my grandma's backyard. 
A little background: 
My grandma lives on the other side of the block I live on. She has a fence going around her yard that I would always jump over to get into my neighbors backyard. I would do this whenever I wanted to go over there or go to my house when I was at my grandma's during daycare. There has always been one spot where the thicket was always a little less thick and that was the point of penetration (giggles) between the two yards. 

We straight up annihilated the blank spot in the fence that my family has been jumping for generations. By "we" I mean my cousin Jessica and I, with a little help from my cousin Denny's boyfriend, John.

I didn't take a before picture of the fence but this is what it somewhat looked like... 

just a plain spot of fence. Had to saw up the top bar and snip the fencing to create this masterpiece. 
  

My grandma already had the gate. it was originally the gate at the front of the house but it was removed a LONG while ago and has been sitting in the shed ever since. We had to purchase the two side posts and everything that attached to them. It's not perfect but it's a HELL of a lot better than I thought it was going to be. And we've only been talking about doing this for the last 10 or 15 years... so now that all the grandkids are just about grown, we have a gate.

FYI: 
In the picture of the finished product, on the LEFT post, the cap isn't all on the way. I fixed that with the help of my neighbor's Saws All and now both posts are identical. 

I don't mean to brag but... F*ckin Classy...

all that's left now is some sort of walkway so my shoes don't get muddy every time I go over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment