Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Madness part 2: Renaissance Festival

Sunday:

My aunt Joann, her boyfriend Ted, and my cousin's Jesse and Danielle, Gretchen and I all went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday. That was probably the best Renaissance festival that I've ever been to. It actually rivaled the State Fair. We all had a blast. As soon as we got there, Joann and Ted both said that they needed to buy a couple mugs because then when you buy drinks they just put the beer, wine, or mead right into your mug/cup and you just walk around with that all day. I purchased a Leather mug from a shop that everyone said was the best for leather mugs. they have an online store HERE. I also got a cork topper for it and leather strap to latch it onto a belt, or in my case, a belt loop. 

For most of the day I was drinking Premium beer. But Ted had me try some mead from this one little stand and I ended up linking that a lot. So I finished the day with a few glasses of mead. I tried the regular mead, the Egyptian mead, the raspberry mead and the honey mead, but I ended up going with the strawberry mead... Oooh that was good. Might have to try to make some of that myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment