Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jim Lee's Autograph :D

Saturday, 08-02-2008... Jim Lee, the man who's art has sold more copies of a single comic than any other comic in the world, was doing signings at the Source Comics off of Snelling and Larpenter. Dan and I, naturally, showed up. The night before I went up with Gretchen to check out the store and how to get there, good thing we did because they gave out numbers for the line. I got 2 cards, #975 and #976... this was going to be a long day. 

Jim Lee finally showed up around 1:30 and started signing... the whole even was supposed to be held between 1 and 4. But it took about an hour and a half to get through the first hundred. 

I saw my buddy Jesse's little brother Jeffery there and asked if he was going to stay. He said no and then offered me his ticket... #557. When we got that, dan and I each jumped in line under the one ticket. The guys were fine with it and we ended up getting 2 signatures each, the limit per ticket, even though we only had one ticket. 

This was taken with my iPhone


This was taken for his blog... and we're in the back :D

Jim was a very cool guy but you could tell he was getting tired... my only regret was not asking him for a quick sketch inside of my book. Other than that... AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment