Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Madness part 1: State Fair

Friday:

We went to the Minnesota STATE FAIR. My family and I. Grandma, aunts and uncles, cousins, parents and Gretchen. We got thereat about 7:30am or so. Most of the food stands didn't open until 9:00am so we walked around and checked out a few things before we began a nonstop eating frenzy. 

Gretchen couldn't make it as early in the morning but she showed up around, I want to say 11:00am. The first thing I always get when I'm at the fair are the Luigi fries... pretty much just breadsticks with melted mozzarella cheese on them and served with a side of marinara dipping sauce. Doesn't sound like much but WOW, they can't be beat. Cheese curds are also a must for many of my family members and myself. I also love the corn on the cob, corn fritters, pronto pups (corn dogs), ice cream from a certain stand near the Kid way, mini donuts, alligator on a stick, honey sticks, cinnamon rolls, Australian Potatoes (Ausi Potatoes), 1919 root beer, and probably many more things that I can't think of right now. 

My cousin Chevis, her husband Dan and their son Daniel all showed up later because Daniel wasn't feeling very well earlier that day and he had a fever. After a while everyone left and it was only Chevis, Dan, Gretchen and I left. My aunt Janice brought Daniel home when she left. We stuck around for the hypnotist show that was starting at 8:00pm. Once we got there and were seated, Dan volunteered to go up on stage and be hypnotized along with about 20 other people. It was great, the hypnotist, Hypno-Chick, had him thinking he was Donald Trump and he was signing autographs for people in the audience. 



That was a good night...  

No comments:

Post a Comment