Friday, August 8, 2008

omg... i'm behind

Lately, it's been fun, but not TERRIBLY exciting. 

I went to a going away part for my Graphic Design teacher, Ambica Prakash. Rode my motorcycle to Stout and got there around I think 7 or 8. It was really fun catching up with a few of my teachers. I ended up staying at my old roommate's new place in Menomonie, Zac's place. Zac, Chad, Derek and I all stayed there that night and went to breakfast the next morning. 

Yesterday I picked up the newest addition to my vinyl family, my Unicornasaurus.

the newest release by Joe Ledbetter

I've finished a few more comic books and I've also started a few new ones. All batman, and all good. I just started reading the All Star Batman and Robin the boy wonder by Frank Miller and Jim Lee... Just as good as Jim Lee's other baby, Hush. 

I think the reason I like Hush and this Batman series is because it's a little more dark than most batman comics I've read. Darker in ways that Batman, in more than one case, ends up beating someone to a bloody pulp. I know it doesn't sound very appealing but it is very exciting. The most recent thing in this book was that batman broke a guys arm and then explained to him that it is a compound fracture and that it will never heal, not right anyway... not nearly right.

Tomorrow is the day of tattoos. I'm not getting one but Chevis, Dan, Dan's friend Chris, and my girlfriend Gretchen are ALL getting tattoos... at least that's what they have planned. 



Dan's getting a bull, the spanish bull... look at the balls on that sucker.

Chevis is getting her name, in a way that i designed... not sure what colors yet... also not sure about the star yet.

I forget what Chris is getting... I believe something in Latin... he's a Latin teacher. 


and Gretchen is getting 3 starts... another design by me. 

as for me... no tattoo yet... not until i create something I like enough to have on me for the rest of my life. I was talking with Jerry, my uncle Tom's brother in law and he was saying.... if you create something why not just rend it really nice and put it up on your wall so you can look at it every day?... he's kinda against tattoos though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment