Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just got back

We just got back from Duluth. Gretchen's family and I left around 11am on Friday and Returned around 5 or so today, Sunday. Had a pretty fun time. I can't remember the names of all the places that we went to but at one of them we went up a ski lift to the top of this area to see a huge view off all the different colored trees. It was pretty cool. Also Took a short cruise around the Duluth harbor on Lake Superior. Learned a few things on that. One thing was that the anchor on a huge ships, like the ones that come into the harbor, doesn't actually keep the ship where it is. The chain weighs something like three times as much as the anchor does, so it's really the CHAIN that keeps the ship where it is... I didn't know that. I also learned that everyone else on the ship can't withstand cold as much as I can. At the beginning of the tour the whole bow of the ship was full. By the end, I was the only person out there. 

Went to a couple comic places in Duluth as well. One with really great prices and cool deals, the other with overprices comics and no deals at all. I wonder which I'll be going back to next time I'm in Duluth...

Sorry, didn't take ANY pictures this trip on account of my mother borrowing my camera to shoot a wedding. 
Maybe next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment