Thursday, September 11, 2008

ebay selling

Yesterday was the comic release day. And my favorite comic, All Star Batman and Robin: The Boy Wonder #10, was released. So I picked up a few issues along with a few variant covers. When I got in line, the guys that worked at the shop told me that this issue might get pulled from the shelves due to some swear words that weren't fully blacked out during printing. I looked inside the books and sure enough, you could read the swear words through the black boxes covering them up. So I bought a few more copies. 

Later that night I decided to see if anything was going on on ebay. And sure enough those were selling like hot cakes. I posted a few, all for 'Buy It Now' prices, $50 for the normal cover and $90 for the variant cover. Within the first 3 minutes of them being up, I got an offer for $70 for the variant cover. I got scared and declined. Good thing I did too because I ended up selling one of the $90 ones and two of the $50 ones just last night. We'll see how the rest do. 

In other news: 
I just started my animation for the contest that Dan and I are having. I am also getting closer to posting my website every day. My next post will be to announce the launch of site and/or post my finished video. 

2 comments:

  1. Point-of-sale store management systems need an inherent flexibility to deliver the right customer service. These systems must be driven by access to real-time customer information. Retailers can then deliver personalized offers and services that are up to the minute and targeted to each individual.Learn More with List Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fastcommerce is a excellent eBay alternative.

    Highly recommend FastCommerce.com to anyone starting small business marketing.

    Small business owners need a professional e-commerce alternative. FastCommerce.com is a low-cost, high powered e-commerce platform that is free for the first fifty products, and $29.95 for 2,000 products.

    http://www.fastcommerce.com

    Beautiful templates, great back office tools, no set up costs, and no contract.

    The Small Business e-Commerce Alternative: FastCommerce

    ReplyDelete