Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Last Airbender



I know I need to post about the rest of my trip... And I should post about the most recent Twilight movie I saw last night... but neither of those are as urgent as this.

*WARNING* This is going to be a rant about how much I didn't like this movie and for what reasons. If you have not yet seen the movie and don't want to be affected by this, please stop reading now.

That being said... WOW, this movie was a large gathering of feces. Nothing was right about it... nothing. Graphics were sub par, actor choices were impossibly wrong, the parts of the series that were held from this movie had to be a mistake... they just had to.

The effects were by ILM which were by Industrial Light and Magic which was somewhat surprising. I mean, they were passable but a definitely expected more. But I can let that slide. The actors chosen for this had to be a random drawing. No one, NOT A SINGLE PERSON, seemed like they should've been in this movie. Okay, Katara, maybe but everyone else was just plain SHIT. I really didn't think that this was going to be worse than prince of persia. But with the combination of shit actors and leaving the best parts out, it was.

If you ever watch the show, or even talk to someone, like myself, who HAS watched the show, you'll be smothered with reasons why the TV series is amazing. The way they tell the story, the hilarity of it all, the cartoon character acting, the voice talent, the creativity... ALL OF WHICH was left out of this movie. They even fucking changed the names to some extent.

Aang was pronounced like Bang. In the movie it's pronounced Ong... Like Dong.
Katar was the same. Thank gawd.
Sokka was pronounced with the "o" sounds like soccer. In the movie ti was like soak-ah.
Zuka was the same...
His uncle Iroh was like eye-row... in the movie, ear-o... and the list continues...

The movie seemed like it was one big April Fools prank. Sometimes on April Fools Day some companies will release fake movie trailers that look like they COULD be a movie but are still missing something... This movie was like that. Visually it was nice... but once people started moving around and "acting" it was like watching paint dry.

There were actually a lot of parts that they STRAIGHT UP CHANGED from the show. This made no sense to me. The object of the movie is to get other people who weren't interested in the series MORE interested in it. But I don't see how anyone who hadn't watched the whole series would have understood or even been able to follow this crap. Characters in the show were made out completely different in most of the movie. AHH it's even hard to talk about, it was so bad.

I actually saw the twilight movie last night at midnight with Gretchen, my mom, my aunts, my cousin and her friends, and that was infinitely better than this. At least it kept my attention throughout the whole thing. In the final "epic" battle of "the last airbender" I couldn't even keep my eyes open. I was drifting in and out threw the whole last battle, and it WASN'T EVEN BAD ASS!!!! The New Twilight's battle was WAY MORE BADASS... well, it was actually bad ass w/o being compared to "the last airbender"... But still.

One of the characters in Twilight actually played one of the main characters in this. The kid who played Jasper in twilight also played Sokka. In the most recent twilight, I thought he started to seem much less like a pussy and more of a badass. I ACTUALLY really enjoyed his performance in the new twilight movie. But in this... WOW... I was let down. Everything he built up with his acting in twilight was flushed down the drain with this.

OK, I think I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment