Monday, July 5, 2010

Back From Vacation, to Take Another

So we got back from the week long Niagara falls/Canada trip just in time to leave on friday and go up to Gretchen's friend Kari's cabin. But before I speak of the weekend of the 4th, I'm going to finalize the Canada trip...

Here's a pic from Cleveland, OH. Took it as we were driving by.

We went into Canada for an awesome, but rainy, time. The only thing I didn't like about the trip is that I had to PEE SOOO BAD when we were going threw the boarder back into the U.S.

We got in line, I was driving, and I had to pee a little bit. Figured I'd be fine waiting since it didn't take THAT long to go through the boarder any of the three other times we went through. But this line was different, THIS line took what seemed like FOREVER. By the time we were half way threw I was nervous, and not because I didn't think we would get back into the country, but because I didn't want the car to be searched since they were pulling people out for searches pretty frequently. But we got up there, I bit my lip to stop moving so much, and I handed the guy our passports.

Now I don't know if you've ever been threw the canadian boarder, but they ask you a DIFFERENT series of questions every time you go through. I have no idea how they know which questions you've already been asked... BUT THEY HAVE TO KNOW! The few times we went threw the boarder before they asked things like, "Are you all family?", "What is your purpose for going into Canada?" and, "How long are you going to be in Canada?". But THIS time, he tried to throw me for a loop.... "How do you know everyone in the car?" I looked straight at him and said, "THIS", thumbed to my right, "is my girlfriend, and THESE", thumbed to the back, "are here parents."

And I thought I was done for. Fastest response he probably had all day... I mean, I REALLY had to pee. But he looked at me, then looked in the back and said, "So what do THEY think about YOU driving?" with a smile. And from then on out, everything except my bladder was completely relaxed. We continued to bullshit for a minute or two before we took off and I headed for the FIRST exit for a bathroom. Pulled it and jumped out of the car without even shutting it off or closing the door.

It was bad.

But we made it home all safe and sound and in just enough time to go see "Eclipse" and "The Last Airbender" before we went to Kari's cabin.

Sorry to jump around so much but here's a pic from Benihana just before we went to see Eclipse. The guy there was doing all new things and made it pretty original. I was thinking earlier that I was getting sick of going to Benihana but this guy changed my mind.

Anyway, Today I got back from a 4 day weekend up at Gretchen's friend Kari's grandparent's cabin. Each day started out kinda wet and mucky but ended a lot better. I think it rained almost every night that we were there, but each day we had pretty much sunny skies.

The people involved were Kari, her Boyfriend Zach, her parents, gretchen and I. We did quite a bit of water sports, skiing and wake boarding. I'm SUPER sore today from all that wake boarding. We also did a little bit of tubing, also fun.

Dinners were awesome. Games after the dinners were just as awesome. Little bit of fishing, and the fish that we did catch we fried in the neighbors turkey fryer since they were frying a while turkey and having a party. We were told that they thought everyone was going to be talking about how good the turkey was but what everyone really talked about was how good the fried fish were. They WERE amazing.

I caught 4 decent sized sunfish and Zach caught a medium/small sized Large Mouth Bass. All were delicious, expect the one that Gretchen and Kari's mom let out when they tried to look at the fish in the fish basket. THEY say that didn't lose one but I asked Zack how many Sunnies I caught and he said four or five. I said, "At LEAST four right?" He said, "OH YEAH, at least." But there were only three. tisk tisk...

The next day we tried our luck again but there was nothing to be found.

Today we went out for some fun in the sun on the lake for a few hours before it started getting cloudy. Then we packed it up and headed out.

Got home to find my garden BLOOMING!

Looks like everything is about ready to go... not really, but SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment