Saturday, February 13, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

(the book it was based on... loosely I hope, for the book's sake)

Just got out of this movie and I find I should post this as soon as possible.

That movie was HORRIBLE! I'm a huge fan of Greek Mythology but this was damn near unbearable. It's like they made a children's movie with the budget of a "REAL" movie, but then didn't have the decency to tell you that in the trailer.... The trailer, by the way, oversold the shit out of the movie. So if you thought the trailer was bad, you wouldn't believe how bad this was.

The story had potential, probably because it came from a book, the acting was crap, the swordplay was crap, the CG wasn't TOO bad, but for the most part... C-R-A-P. Which I was kind of expecting, but my movie ship can't withstand bull crap of that magnitude.

It was literally like a cross between Hight School Musical and the worst Harry Potter movie. Having never seen High School Musical, I can only imagine how much it must have sucked.

Like I said, I'm a huge fan of Greek Mythology, it's what got me to the theater, and to my knowledge, it wasn't TOO inaccurate. If you know anything about Greek Mythology you could probably call the shots in each scene... like I did.

Even the Gods, in this movie, were pretty lame. I kind of always thought of them as the Mythology makes them out to be, badasses who do what they want, when they want... And this made them out to be somewhat heartwarming... :(

Overall, don't see it unless you watch everything that has anything to do with Greek Mythology.

2 out of 5 stars on the Jared Scale.
**

No comments:

Post a Comment