Monday, February 1, 2010

Nightly Brigade

Night One: Dan's House.

Dan invited a few friends over for a night of video games and poker while Chevis was out of town. These friends included Pierre (Awesome French guy), guess what he teaches, Shawn (idk how he spells it), teacher of Chemistry, Tim, I think he teaches something too but I forget at the moment, and myself... a bunch of teachers and a nerd, makes for an amusing night.

We started off playing the Wii, mostly Guitar Hero with two guitars, drums and Microphone. Then we moved to Texas Hold 'em. Dan ended up winning but the game went on until 3am or so. Which is right around when everyone else left and Dan and I went to bed, FUTON FTW! I was notified by Dan the next morning that Daniel had woken him up at 5am. And the little guy wasn't feeling well. :( How he didn't wake up during all the games we played is beyond me.

After Breakfast we hung out for a bit before I had to rush off to get ready for work... That's right, I said it... WORK...

Someone's got a job! Which Brings me to Night two...

-------------

Night Two: Animation with a Vengeance.

The second night of my newly acquired job in animation using Adobe After Effects. I worked one 3 hour night before from 7 to 10 and we went out for drinks after, by we I mean my boss, Michael, and Lloyd (a coworker from my last animation job).

ANYWAY, today/night was my first stretch of work that really didn't have an end in sight for some while. We are working on some videos for a church. Videos they can show to their young followers before they get confirmed. The videos are pretty straight forward. 2D animation with pre drawn figures.

Today I got in at 3pm, and tonight I got out at 1:10am. An hour in there for Dinner and BAM, you're workin' a full shift on a sunday night. Too bad I missed the Pro Bowl. :(

For the next week my hours look like this:

We'll see what happens for the week after that, It all depends on whether we pull in a few more hands to get the job done... get it? HA HA... it! (Harvey Birdman FTW!)

The Company I'm working at, by the way, is owned by Michael. It's called Dizilu. If I play my cards right I'll be the first full time employee...

Here's a few pics of this small but growing office:


In this picture my back is to the corner, there's a small space heater next to my right leg. A window on the right, doorway on the left, three computers and some chairs. Home away from home.... although I must say, the only real downside to this whole thing is that I work on a PC... >:( but "boo hoo" poor me... I'll get over it.

This picture is from the other side of this space. again I'm in the corner but to my left is the point of entrance. Next to that, also on the left, is a small refrigerator and sink. All this place is missing is a couch for nap time!

well, it's 2am and I'm beat...

OOP! Almost forgot! Picking up the Gretch Monster from the airport tomorrow night. She's coming in from Arizona.

"To the Bat-mo-bed Robin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment