Friday, October 23, 2009

Astro Boy



Stopped by the theater for a midnight showing last night... It was either Astro Boy or The Vampire's Assistant. Ended up seeing Astro Boy, and I'm glad that I did. When I bought my ticket the lady told me, "Looks like you're the only person in that one so far," so I was excited. So excited I decided to get an icy and a small buttered popcorn... Classic. Right before the preview started a couple came in and watched it with me, but they didn't stay till after the credits...

The movie opens with a pretty cool, yet simple, 2D style explaining how the world became how it is in the movie. I liked that they started this off as the beginning of Astro Boy, as most movies are doing these days. I've watched the original cartoon and I think this didn't sully it's image much at all, if any. I'm not a DIE HARD Astro Boy fan, but I do, and always have, enjoyed watching it when it's on, and by "on" I mean "on" Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie. Even with it's amateur timing in a few places, and a few plot holes here and there, I think it's definitely worth checking out for anyone who is or was a fan of the original Astro Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment