Saturday, October 16, 2010

Comics, Paintball and Beer Pong

Today was the MCBA FallCon. I joined my friend Justin there for a day of super heroes and comic delights. There actually wan't TOO much that I jus HAD TO HAVE this time around. I think I set a record of how little I spent on anything.

I wasn't really looking for comics but I did find a book called Sasquatch. It's composed of mini stories and comics all based around sasquatch. Each comic is by a current comic book or web comic artists and is basically their take on the legendary Sasquatch, or bigfoot, or yeti. Pretty awesome.


Other than that I won a copy of the ElephantMen Vol. 1. It's a Trade Paperback of the first 7 issues of ElephantMen. Pretty cool. I would have chosen the "Batman: Under the Red Hood" or "Superman/Batman: Apocalypse" but those DVD's were already taken by the time we were going to leave and my number got picked. Every year they do a drawing, you fill in your info on this little sheet and then they draw 20 numbers every half hour. Right as we were leaving I saw the lady at the desk that is there every year so I went to say hi. She asked if I won yet, because I usually win at least once every year. I told her that I hadn't and that we were leaving but she said they were going to draw in another 5 minutes so we decided to stick around.

So I sit and B.S. with here for a little bit until she's getting read to draw. I told her that my number is 503 so she should pull that. She said she can't cheat, laughingly. But once she she pulled the first number, instead of writing it on the board she let out a big groan then turned around and held it in my face... lucky 503. So I snagged the only thing I could find on the table that I had any remote interest in and We took off.

Pretty awesome book. I'll have to read it soon.

Now lets hop into the time machine and go back a week, to the day after I went on my hundred mile ride with Tom.

I went and played paintball for the first time. VERY FUN... and painful, but worth it. I was on the team that lost most of the time but I'm going to have to do that again. And next time I'll get my own gun since theirs don't shoot very straight.

I went and bought some old army surplus clothes too. worked out well, but it was WAY TOO HOT that day.

Later that night we had the Big Arn's Annual Beer Pong Tournament. My partner Zach and I didn't win :( We actually didn't even place. Last year we got 3rd place. This year it was 5th. But we had to play the team that wins or places second every year, two times before we started getting in our groove. So we had an excuse.

Better luck next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment