Tuesday, August 31, 2010

State Fair and Renaissance Festival

Friday, August 27th, my familty and I went to the Minnesota State Fair. Janice, Tom, Tammy, Dean, Barb, Tim, my mom and dad, Chevis, Dan, Daniel, Cedra, Courtney, Jessica (who I never saw), Gretchen and myself ALL went to the state fair and tried to make order of the chaos. It didn't work too well, our crazy huge group of people pretty much slip up and then met every hour or so at a designated area. I guess it worked okay for a while, but then we all started breaking off and doing our own things. It was a blast.

Dean and I admired this Mighty Mouse Chopper.

Just before we went to get Ice Cream from the best ice cream place at the fair. Located on the side of the East side of the Kidway.
Strawberry is the best... Dean and I agree.

Then we hung out with Chevis and Dan for a while after they got there. Janice was also a part of this little posse. Here's 3/4 of the Pesos posing behind a cutout.
Best picture ever.

We had loads of fun and ate thousands of calories worth of food.
Good stuff.

The following Sunday, August 29, Gretchen and I went to the Renaissance Festival with Paul and Britney. We met up with Michael and Chelsey a while after we got there.
It was awesome.

We Tried on Helmets and hats.



We watched Jousting.

We Played this awesome game called Hnefatafl. A game that predates Chess. And I think is way more fun. It's basically attackers and defenders. Attackers on the outsides and defenders on the inside. Objective is to trap the king, for the attackers, and get the king to escape for the defenders. The pieces are made of deer knuckles or something of that nature.

Paul and I played that game for a little bit and when I turned around to check on Gretchen she was being proposed to by a local villager. It was awesome. She was SO embarrassed. I even took a video of it. But that will have to be uploaded later.

We looked at swords, drank mead, ate chicken wild rice soup from bread bowls and watched all sorts of shows, including Puke and Snot. I love the State Fair but I almost have more fun at the Renaissance Festival.

Well, Back to the State fair tonight with the Peso's, minus the small ones. Hopefully it won't rain on us.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic picture of Dean! You'd probably have a much bigger following of your blog if you would feature that sexy DEAN more often! Finally...something to make me come back to Jared's blogspot! :)

    ReplyDelete