Friday, August 13, 2010

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

Kinda went into this thinking I might fall asleep just because I was seeing a midnight showing and I got up at 6am this morning.



COMPLETELY WRONG! This movie was one of the most original movies I've seen probably ever, even though it's based on a comic book series.

Before I went to see it I actually read the first few parts of the comic, just so I had something to compare the movie with. As far as I've read, the movie is exactly like the comic... WHICH IS AWESOME!

I will have to finish reading the comic now since I liked the movie so much.

It has it's sappy moments but the whole thing is LITTERED with video game references which, right there, made the movie for me. I mean, it really had everything that I like in a movie including animation, although they were very short sequences. "SPVTW" was also filled with bad ass fight scenes. I was actually surprised who well they integrated all of the make believe actions into the movie, making it feel like it's the normal thing going on. Michael Cera was an excellent choice for this role in my opinion. Just about all of the characters felt like they really fit nicely with each other and the story.

I'm giving the movie a 5/5 with a strong recommendation NOT to go see it because you (most people I know) probably will think it's weird and not get a lot of the little things that really MAKE the movie. With that said, a select few of you (and you know who you are) MUST GO SEE IT! It's amazing and an INSTANT cult classic. This movie is really for anyone looking for a good time with a flashy, adventure, action, fighting, comic, video game, love story type movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment