Sunday, March 7, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Since Tuesday, this game has been eating a lot of my life. It's the classic modern war game with a few different spins on it. I haven't played too much Modern Warfare 2 so I can't compare them but I will say that this is by far the best first person shooter I've played in a very long time.


By far the best thing about this game is the multiplayer mode. I've only played a few minutes of the campaign, and will definitely go back to it, but the multiplayer is where the fun is. In this mode, you start off by choosing what class you'd like to be. Classes include Assault, Engineer, Medic and Recon.

Each class has their own sets of skills and abilities. Assault is more of a generic soldier equipped with a grenade launcher on his gun and the ability to throw down ammunition for himself and teammates.
Engineer, you guessed it, can heal vehicles and is equipped with a rocket launcher for destroying enemy vehicles.
Medic is also pretty predictable with the ability to throw health kits that himself and teammates can stand on to regain health more quickly. He also is equipped with a defibrillator to bring fallen comrades back to life within a few seconds of them dying.
Recon or Reconnaissance is equipped with a sniper rifle and either C4 or the ability to call a mortar strike. This class is dressed with a ghillie suite to help camouflage him in his surroundings.

So far the game has eaten over 16 hour of my life and will probably each much more than that. There are so many new things and achievements to unlock that I don't see myself quitting this game for a long time.

In fact, I think I'll go play right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment