Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon

Sorry I've been neglecting my blogging lately. I got a new video game, Assassin's Creed 2, and that will continue to rule my life till I beat it. I also am working on a website for another bar owned by my friend Jeremy's dad. Kellys-Centerville.com.

Anyway, last night at midnight, I saw the movie "New Moon" at the old IMAX theatre in St. Michael. I don't believe they call it IMAX any more. And before I get into how the movie was, I would not recommend seeing it on the IMAX unless you can get their early enough to sit far enough back. We were in the 3rd row, because it filled up so fast, even though we were an hour early, and we still got screwed. Damn near unwatchable in the third row. During the previews it was bad, but it did get better when the movie started. Just gotta sit back, let your eyes glaze over and focus right, then it wasn't bad.

But as far as the movie goes, it was pretty good. I mean, it had its share of tween relationship crap, but the fights were borderline awesome. The thing that I liked more about this movie was that it just plain went more in depth.

It talked a great deal more about the vampires having different powers and what each one was. They went into more detail about the history of vampires and where the "HEAD" vampires are. That was probably my favorite thing about this movie.

Even with the amount of EMO kids that this movie possessed, it still had my attention throughout the entire thing. Funny parts, action parts, history parts... Almost makes me want tot ready the book so that I can find out more about all the little things that the movie left out. All the detail behind each of these races. And to cover up a plot hole or two. But I do say "ALMOST" because I'm not committed to reading the books. And I'm not sure that I will be...

But if I do, you can believe that they won't be blogged about.

1 comment:

  1. Don't tell anyone, but I secretly read the whole series...in four days. I've only seen the first twilight movie, but so far the books are better. Didn't get a chance to fight the tween girls to see the latest addition.

    ReplyDelete