Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bike... to the death!

Recently I've been getting these phone calls from my uncle Tom Hanson. He calls to see if I'm up for a bike ride, and I always am. Even during a Vikings game day. He convinced me to tape it and watch it later with him... after the ride. I'd be willing to bed that he's the only person who could get me to skip a Vikings game to go for a bike ride. Biking doesn't trump a Vikings game... but biking with Tom does.

He always takes me someplace new, and shows me a new way to get to places I know along the way. It's awesome. The guy knows EVERY ROAD... and I do mean EVERY road.

Here's the mileage we went each day this week.

Sunday 11/15/09 - 39 miles:
Tom called me and talked me out of watching the Vikings game. We biked down to and around Minneapolis. After the ride, we went to Tom and Janice's place, picked up chinese and watched the recording of the game.

Wednesday 11/18/09 - 45 miles:
I forget exactly where we went on this trip... I'm usually not too great with directions. But I believe it was somewhere near the airport. Or maybe that was the first day... I don't know.

Saturday 11/21/09 - 58 miles:
This time we went past St. Paul and road back up to downtown. On the bridge we took these pics.
Tom insisted on taking a pic of me.

I insisted on taking one of both of us. Loved the hat.

After we went through downtown St. Paul, we ended near Como Zoo.

It was awesome.

We rounded that bike ride to the State Fair grounds. It's really nice going through there with no people around, and it's a lot different.

If it gets/stays somewhat around 50°, maybe we'll get out for another ride or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment