Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend with the CON

The MNCBA Fallcon: Comic Book Celebration was going on this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. I, naturally, went both days because, YES, I'm that big of a nerd now. I went with Dan the first day and I met a friend up there the second. I ended up getting quite a few more comics than I expected but they were at AMAZING prices. Some for only 25¢ an issue. Those times were when I went nuts and bought like 80 that I needed. Now my collection is impressive, MOST impressive. 

There was a drawing that was going on both days. All you had to do is sign up for the mailing list and then they would give you a ticket with a number on it and they would post 15 numbers every half hour. Winners could go up and pick a prize from a wall of comics or tables with t-shirts... REALLY shitty ones, I might add. I was lucky enough to win the first day so I picked out a comic that was hard to get and that I needed. The second day I signed up more than once, which you weren't supposed to do, and I won twice, so I got two more comics. My friend shawn who met me up there the second day won twice as well and he's not really into comics so he let me pick out ANOTHER two comics. It was awesome. 

I saw a few people that I knew up there, some from the Robot Love store and some that I went to high school with. Ended up having a good time and I wouldn't have changed a minute of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment