Sunday, October 12, 2008

BEER PONG!

Well, I was invited to be in a beer pong tournament with Gretchen's best friend Kari. It was the fourth annual tournament, and based on how good I am, and how good Kari is, I wasn't expecting too much. Which was a good thing because we lost all but one game in the prelims and then went out with 1 win and 2 losses in the actual tournament. After two losses you're out. But all in all, it was good. All the beer I could drink for $10. 

Ended up leaving at about 12:30. I had stopped drinking earlier so that I could drive home, just in case Gretchen wouldn't be up for the challenge. But we were both fine. 

The other day, Gretchen asked if I would go with her to JoAnn Fabrics in Coon Rapids. Naturally, I said no, but then she bribed me with a trip to a comic store. She looked on line, found a new one I had never been to, and we were off. Went to JoAnns... you can imagine how fun that was. A guy in a fabric store. But when we got to the comic shop, holy f*cking sh*t. This place was nuts. Not so great with newer releases, but there back issues are all 5 for $1.00. AND they have a deal where you can fill a long box with as many as you can and it only costs you $40. Since the first trip, I've been back 3 times and I have the box about half way full. That's about 140 comics. When it's JAM PACKED it will be close to 300. That's like saving $20 in my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment