Monday, September 20, 2010

Chelsey Ride

This past Saturday we rode out to Atwater for a benefit ride in Chelsey's name. My dad rented a newer BMW bike and I borrowed my buddies Harley Davidson Softail. It was about 90 miles out there, a 90 mile ride broken up between the starting spot and 3 bars, and then a 90 mile ride back. It was COLD going out and COLD coming home, but the actual ride wasn't bad at all.

We had about 56 motorcycles and about twice as many people. Some people followed in cars and we even had a couple in a semi truck.
This was taken at our first stop.

Just about everyone on my mom's side of the family was there for the ride.
Byron has a new Suzuki, Mitch has a new Harley, my cousin, Kyle, borrowed a bike, my dad rented a bike, and I borrowed a bike.

Even my aunt Kerri rented a trike and Terri rode with her.

Everyone wore a little green for the ride. Gretchen and I wore green bandanas to show our support. Balloons were given out to be released at the start of the ride as well.


Here's another shot of the last bar we stopped at.

With that many bikes, we had quite the line taking up the road. It was really professional and planned perfectly. The "Iron Warriors" group helped block roads and lead the event.

We all had a great time and with a little effort, this will be a yearly get together. Now I just have to work on getting my own cruiser.


No comments:

Post a Comment