Friday, June 18, 2010

Toy Story 3

Pretty awesome, as ALL pixar movies are. I liked this one because it was a long awaited farewell to the characters that we fell in love with back in 1995. I'm Glad they finally made a commitment to not doing any more Toy Story Movies.


Sequels have always seemed like they are just made for a quick buck. And even though I don't like to think of PIXAR that way... They did make 3 toy stories and have a Cars sequel, a Monster's Inc sequel, and maybe even A Bug's Life sequel on the way. I don't like that. Pixar is known for the amazing story telling and creativity when it comes to making movies, by recycling the same old characters doesn't make anything any better.

Yes this movie was good, and yes Pixar will probably have a hard time making a BAD movie, but I'm glad Toy Story was finally put to rest and that we can expect NO MORE sequels from the title.

With that said, the movie was a brilliant ending to an even more brilliant franchise. Toy Story 3 really pulls the heart strings. It's a very sad but also happy way of going about the final chapter to the series. But it's done. And it, as a whole, was amazing.

Pixar, once again, you've out done yourselves... But... as far as YOUR movies go... this wasn't the best... Up was better :)

And I think that the leap that DreamWorks made, from their previous movies to "How to Train Your Dragon", was on a much grander scale. Everything that Toy Story 3 made you feel, was stronger and done better in UP.

I can't recommend this movie enough... don't walk, RUN to go see it in theaters. We saw it in 3D, it was amazing. If I could have changed one thing, I would have made Gretchen see Toy Story 2 before we saw this one... BUT I would have MADE her watch that first had she told me before we were on our way home from the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment