Friday, June 19, 2009

Florida 6.19.09

I don't even know who reads this... but I can see that the number over there (the visitor counter) keeps going up. SO, I'll keep posting. 

Still here in florida, with a belly full of Landshark and waiting for a pizza... at 11:02pm Florida time. We leave tomorrow at 11am... the plain leaves at 1pm Florida time... which is 12pm Minnesota time. 

Here is the part where I go into greater detail about our day. Just about everything, is what I'll try to cover. So if you wanna stop reading now, I'll understand. 

We started today with breakfast... then moved on to Universal Studios Orlando Florida. Rode the rides, had the fun, waited in lines, although not too many because of the express passes that mom-dukes purchased. 

E.T. ride - good, same as always. 
*NEW* Simpson's Ride - pretty awesome... Motion ride... it replaced the Back to the Future ride. 
Men In Black - I got a bonus 100,000 points and ended the ride with 220,200 points... so I pretty much WHOOPED ass...
Jaws ride - always good... I mean, it IS jaws
Mummy ride - good stuff, roller coaster. 
Shrek 4D - same as always...
Jimmy Newtron - motion ride.... not bad...

and then on to Islands of adventure... hit the Dr. Seuss area and went on the cat in the hat ride, not bad, but quickly moved on to the talking fountain that sprays water at kids. There has to be a guy talking and aiming the water sprayers somewhere... I think I know where but it's pretty hidden. It's fun to watch... kids and unsuspecting guests to the park walk up and hear the fountain and don't realize that it can spray you at any moment. It looks like a regular fountain with a bearded face on it, but it has glowing green eyes and an open mouth with a nozzle in it that turns and sprays people. It can also shoot water all around it, high into the air, and can shoot bursts of water up as well... sorry, that's a lot about the fountain but it's really fun... 

Then we went to the Incredible Hulk roller coaster. Amazing. moved on to the Spider man ride, the Jurassic Park ride (which was closed) and to the Dueling Dragons roller coaster which is always AWESOME! Then to Dr. Seuss land to ride the Cat in the Hat ride again... this time, WITH my parents. Then back to the Hulk ride and off to the car. On the way to the Hulk ride, Gretchen pointed out a small child with his shirt pulled up around his chest and his hands down near his crotch... That's right... he was PEEing, in Dr. Suess land, through the railing. It was the highlight of the day... wish I had my camera. 

Back to Downtown Disney for gretchen to find some cups for her nephews, where I ended up getting the two final pins that I needed to complete the Star Wars pin set that I started on Sunday. 

After that, back to the hotel to check out the pool. We ended up ordering pizza, gettin it about an hour later, calling back to inform the place that my mom and Geretchen's pizza was incorrect because it had pepperoni on it even tho they both don't eat meat. And now, at 12:22pm, we STILL don't have the correct pizza... it's supposed to be on it's way, but we'll see. 

Well anyway, this will probably be the final post from or about Florida, unless I see a kid peeing in a plant at the airport tomorrow on our way back home. 

well until next time... may the force be with you...
Landshark... I mean.... Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment