Friday, March 27, 2009

Monsters vs. Aliens... an experience



Caught the early showing of Monsters Vs. Aliens in 3D with the Gretch-monster today at 1:30pm. I figured since it was early there wouldn't be TOO many people but WOW was I wrong. The theater was completely packed with parents and children. 

I must say it wasn't the greatest experience in my life at the movies, and not because of the kids. I like seeing movies with kids because they always exaggerate anything fun happening, especially in a 3D movie. What set me off was the fact that the sound was too low. When a character would yell it was like they weren't even upset. Not the greatest. I think that brought the movie down a notch for me, but it was still something I could live with. NEXT, the lady next to me got a text message on her iPhone, "DOODLE-DINK!!" then she had to reply to it, "CLICK, CLICK, CLICK, CLICK, CLICK!!" then she'd get another one.... I had to say to here "excuse me mam, could you please stop with they phone, it's kinda bright." At least that shut her up. Now back to the movie. 

Overall it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Plenty of well known actors lending their voice talents to this one and it still was so-so. Just about everything funny was put into the preview so you'd seen it all before. And I didn't like the fact that it was all based around the giant lady. I would have liked to have heard more about the other characters. But the kicker was that EVERYTHING, and I do mean EVERYTHING in the movie was predictable. I don't know, I guess it just must have been geared more towards little little kids than the general kid public that most 3D movies are geared towards. But maybe I'm just mad that I had to struggle to hear the entire time... probably should have said something to the manager and gotten a free ticket out of the deal...

If you have a small child that you think would like it based on the previews, they probably will... YOU, on the other hand, will just about fall asleep during a few parts. It didn't hold a candle to Kung Fu Panda and made me want to see Pixar's newest film "UP" even more... especially since it's in 3D as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment