Friday, December 26, 2008

The Spirit

 Last night, Christmas night, my cousin Chevis' husband Dan, my cousin Jessica and I went to see Frank Millers new movie "The Spirit". I believe this was his first movie that he directed, even though this wasn't one of his stories. But the movie itself was great. Dan, Jessica and I were all in agreement that it was very cool. Not knowing anything about the spirit comic series before the movie, I found that the story wasn't hard to follow. They covered a great deal of backstory and history of the characters throughout movie, although it didn't come off like "Batman Begins" where you see the whole coming of the hero. He has already been the hero for a while at the beginning of the movie. 

I would say that this is a definite MUST see for any comic fans, Frank Miller fans, and just plain action fans. The style and feeling of the movie put it right up there with "Sin City", although I did like Sin City better, but only by a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment