Friday, May 28, 2010

Prince of Persia

Bad.


I went into this with low expectations but they were SHATTERED with an even worse movie. There was NO character development, every character in this Persian movie was played by a white person (with a shitty, half assed, part british sounding accent), PLUS the story made no sense and had a very week plot. By the way JAKE FUCKING GYLLENHAAL... SERIOUSLY? He was in NO WAY fit to play this part... Good in Jar Head, good in Donnie Darko, shit, good in Bubble Boy... but this... I'm sorry sir... NO!

I've heard that the movie doesn't do the game any justice but WOW. I played threw half of a Prince of Persia game and LOVED IT... How you can ruin something that was originally so great is beyond me... OH, WAIT, let's take the main thing that makes this story even worth watching (a dagger that turns back time) and DO NOTHING WITH IT. He used the dagger LITERALLY three times in the whole damn movie. In the game you use it every five seconds. He used it once in one battle, once in another, and once again... I could be making this up, he may have only used it twice.... but seriously THAT'S how memorable it was.

My stomach literally hurt after this movie... probably because I hadn't eaten much but when I'm watching a movie and I'm hungry, I usually pay more attention to the movie than my stomach... this was not the case tonight.

Filled with mediocre jokes, shallow characters and a sub par plot line, Prince of Persia definitely gets 4 "Don't go see this movie"s out of 5.


1 comment:

  1. lolol 4 "don't go see this"s out of 5. awesome.

    sucks though :/

    ReplyDelete