Tuesday, April 20, 2010

iMac i7


I went to the Apple store yesterday. I wanted to play a little more with the new 27" iMac with the i7 quad-core processor. That sucker is FAST. I tried to bog it down.... And I'm not talking, running Photoshop and Illustrator at the same time, bog it down, I'm talking tried hard to make it slow.

I brought in a full 720p blu-ray rip of "District 9", two 720p rips of the beginning and end title sequences to "Kung Fu Panda", a large Photoshop file, and two Illustrator files. After opening them all at the same time and playing all the videos at the same time, Max from the Mac store showed me a 32 Megapixel photo in Aperture. This picture was INSANE. You could see into the girl's pores. You could damn near see her soul with this image. Max showed me that when you zoom in on her eye, you can see the photographer taking the picture.

This thing was HUGE!

27" display with 2560 by 1440 pixels... And it's even more impressive on the inside.

2.8GHz Quad-Core Processor; Hyper-Threading for up to eight virtual cores
4GB of ram
1TB Hard Drive.
8x Double Layer SuperDrive

I realize that this is all old news to most people... but still, may have to pick one of these up... been thinking about it really hard recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment