Thursday, August 6, 2009

Comic Con Chicago.... '09

Today I picked up 2 cups and 5 toys. all for $5 a piece. 


TOYS! yes....

And here comes the rant..... I bought the Boba Fett, Lando, Chewbacca, Greedo, and Luke in Stormtrooper costume figures... I bought these to get them signed by the actors who played them... all except Mark Hamill... he's not here... :(

The reason I 'm pissed is that I walked up to Lou Ferrigno (the original actor of The Hulk) and asked if I could take a picture of him with us. He politely told me that it was $30 for a picture and it was $25 for a signed photo of him... I politely told him to suck my balls and we left. Later I asked a worker at the con if all of the actors were like this and he said that Billy Dee Williams was pretty cool and he charges $40 or $50 for signatures and photos. I am SOOO disappointed that these stars are charging their fans money to show their appreciation. I went to see Jim Lee at a comic book store a while ago and all he charged me was my time in line. TWO FREE signatures and a picture with him, one of the most talented and well known comic book artists today, and he didn't take any money out of my pocket. 

I tell you this, if comic conventions are always like this... there's a good chance that this will be my last. 


No comments:

Post a Comment