Friday, January 2, 2009

The Hobbit Is Right

FIRST POST OF THE YEAR!!!
My very cool friend Dan Jensen (SavageHobbit) has decided to post a picture per day, be it sketch or full illustration. He will post every day... not a bad idea, I think I'll shoot for SOMETHING like that. we'll see what happens. Hopefully I can keep up. 

Well, first things first... Dan and I were in Menomonie a while ago and we decided that we should do a collaboration art piece. We originally thought ANIMATION... but then I suggested that we start with something a bit more simple....

ILLUSTRATIONS!!!! 

SO, if you read Dan's blog, he goes into further detail about how we came up with the subject matter but, long story short, we decided on choosing animals and we each did an of the other. 
Dan chose a Ram and I chose a Kangaroo. Here is what we came up with. 

Here's MY version of Dan as a Ram... I like to call it "DanRam".

Here is Dan's version of ME as a Kangaroo... He's called "jRoo". 

We each tried to capture the other's likeness by adding certain elements. For Dan, I added the stripes of his favorite hat, his glasses, his beard and his uncanny ability to make short look so good. 

If you would like more information about Dan's "jRoo", please visit his blog at SavageHobbit.

**ENJOY**

No comments:

Post a Comment